Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Farm Animals

BILLY
10''x14''
21/07/2017
SOLD

"BLUEBELL"
14''x10''
20/07/2017
Both of these do seem a bit too purple...well, looks like I got carried away with a new Daniel Smith shade Lunar Violet..especially with Bluebell! I need to work a bit more with the color to get the hang of it.In the Donkey painting I have used Quinacridone Magenta (Daniel Smith) with French UM Blue and burnt orange. This Magenta is the richest color in my paint box..I love it. Add it to DS Moonglow or simply any blue of your choice to get brilliant shades of purple :)


5 comments:

  1. the fur texture on both is really well done :) the rest of the colours make up for all of the purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so passionate with your paintings of animals! keep posting!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Arti. I found your site through the roundabout of the internet and I'm so moved by your work. And I LOVE the purple! Thank you for naming the colors/brands that you used. I'm getting back into watercolors after a few decades of minimal artistic activity, and I'm grateful to have some color mixing suggestions. Thanks for sharing your creations.

    ReplyDelete