Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Spiritual


This was done from a photo that my husband took on our recent trip to Rishikesh, a spiritual Indian town, also my birth place and hometown. My husband took a lot of pictures here , in the early morning sun.It was a time for prayers and meditation. This lady was also busy reading her holy book. She is wearing sffron robs, a color of spirituality, sacrifice and salvation.
The scene around here in the early morning looks very serene with lots of sadhus meditating and praying .
I always love quietly sitting on the ghats or roaming at the riverbank ; its immensely peaceful here. Ganga , or the Ganges, as it is globally called; is purest at this juncture, just flowing down from hills of Himalaya.
watercolor on 16"x10" paper

10 comments:

  1. This is one of the most amazing paintings from you. The expression on her face, the soft lights, the way she is sitting with one knee shown in the painting, the colors are all brilliant. Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ability to paint portrait is really great! According to me, this one is one of your best! I like the position of the head, looking donward, the expression and the overall chromaticism. Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What incredible use of colors and comp. I just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have really captured the feeling of peace and calm in this figure - it's lovely Arti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painting.I like the expression and the handling of cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much, Prabal.I have some more photos of her, may be I will paint her again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tito, Sandy, Ramesh, Liz and Anthony..I am glad you guys liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the expression on her face. I can feel the atmosphere. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete