Sunday, January 15, 2012

Shoes, Jacket ...and Oranges!

Days have been sunny, lately-- a real treat in this time of the year.I took some pictures of the jacket and oranges to study the values and tones.The feet, however belong to mu husband and were captured in artificial light...I drew them all together last night while watching TV!Yes, I was 'watching' a movie with a sketchbook in my hands because 'just' sitting and watching TV feels like a waste of time to me :D........... Hubby hates it, of course!He is a TV buff.....I have my vices!!!
Today I celebrate my birthday ( of course, the two guys in my life very conveniently forgot to bring me any cards, flowers or chocolate....I wish I had a daughter!) Later we plan to go out for lunch, it looks like a great day outside.
Happy Sunday!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely sketch, Wish you a very happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my favorite subjects! You do such nice work, I am always inspired by it. I hope you had a great birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Arti. I hope you have a good one. I expect your husband and son are keeping the chocolates and flowers back to surprise you later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A most happy birthday to you, Arti!! Daughters don't always remember either! LOL Love these sketches you've done. You are truly one of the most talented artists I know. Beautiful job! I admire you for watching tv with a sketchbook in hand. I'm far too lazy - or something. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arti, first of all: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    I hope you will have a fantastic day! Congratulation for these sketches, high quality, as usual!! Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Arti...Nice sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish you a very happy birthday. You have an amazing control over the pencil. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Vinayak and Kathrine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you John.You were so right.My son created a birthday card for me later in the day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Sherry..you are so nice!I haven't been able to visit your blog lately..but I do think about you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Sherry..you are so nice!I haven't been able to visit your blog lately..but I do think about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Tito, Asit and Nidhi.I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Vinayak and Kathrine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The drawing here is great. I sketch sometimes in front of the tube, but with much less detail. Happy Birthday… I wouldn’t let them off for forgetting…

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Tony..I m finding it more and more interesting- sketching away while sitting in front of TV in the evenings when you can't really do anything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ... Happy Birthday !
    ... belated, by I just jumped on your blog - and I like the first pictures I see and your way of commenting them!

    Love and joy to you!

    PS: I'm new on blogspot and very happy to see how many insights we can share here - and how much we find in ourselves that's close to others....

    ReplyDelete