Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back in Basingstoke

I am back from my vacation to India.It was great meeting all the friends and family; but it was also exhausting.We pretty much ate out every day, kept running around to meet each and everyone and finally I was glad to be back to the peace of my home!......
On 6th September my son turns 13 ( you know teen-age has arrived when they start treating you like retards) We had been assigned to buy a new phone for him as a birthday gift; but it is proving to be a herculean task (we decided to change the provider).Numerous trips to the shop/ wasted phone calls and still no phone! Son is annoyed that his parents are not clever enough to buy him a gift on time!....Lets hope we manage to seal the deal this evening ;)
My Group Show starts on the same day; two of my works are being displayed in the exhibition which will run till 29th September.I am so glad to be a part of this community.Will post the pictures on Thursday, for all those who can not attend.Opening is on 6th, at 6.30 in the evening.
Add to this a sleepover of my son's friends on Friday at our place and a visit by my husbands' friend on Saturday; and my hands are literally full!
I hope all of you have been doing well, give me some more time to visit you individually :)


13 comments:

  1. Ahh - the teenage years. I'm glad to find out that teens are the same all over the globe! Good luck with him! And . . . good luck on your show - hope you make some sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and we hope in vain that ours would be different! :D
      Thank you for the wishes, Deb.

      Delete
  2. As always, Arti, I wish I can go to your exhibit..I know it will be successful.! As far as your boys...all teenagers think the parents are retards...LOL but the good thing, is that they will grow up to be wonderful boys..you will see!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hilda,I am keeping my fingers crossed...

      Delete
  3. Your post made me laugh out loud Arti. I know your show will be wonderful and I can't wait to see your photos from your exhibit. As to your son? Good luck! I had two daughters and their teen years were no picnic either, but in retrospect, we came through them pretty well. I'd go back and do them again in a heartbeat, I miss them so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry thanks for your wishes.
      As for my boy,its going to be a tough journey, I know.Though I am lucky he still gives me an occasional hug- I cherish this very much because I feel it won't last very long...

      Delete
  4. Hi Aarti !! My story is somewhat same like you .I am also back from India after a months holiday.So hectic days we all go through when in India but at the same time very refreshing.My daughter is also 12 years old and I am going through the same.Wish you good luck for the exhibition.I visited your blog after a long time and I would specially like to mention the portrait of an old man from Rajasthan.It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Manisha.We are all sailing in the same boat, it seems.Good luck with your daughter.I have always believed taht raising a daughter would be easier because they Talk!Boys don't like to talk....

      Delete
  5. Join the club, Arti. Ha,ha,ha, you made me laugh. I'm possibly severely retarded. Welcome back from India and all the best for your group exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna.I join the club officially tonight even as I have already been at the receiving end of those classic 'eye -rolls' for quite some time :)

      Delete
  6. welcome back and best of luck on the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzzane, I hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  7. Welcome back. You've got a teen. I bet your hands would be full with him. Good luck. Hope your show would be a success.
    send gifts usa

    ReplyDelete