pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Frizzy Hair

14"x10"
Graphite pencil and charcoal
Taking a break from pastels and going back to pencil for a while.This is also a revisited piece.Did it again, using different paper, different approach.Pencil work needs to be pretty realistic for it to be noticed...and it needs a LOT of patience to achieve that.I still lack that patience as it is in my nature to rush things ( ask my husband!) You would wonder why I draw,then? Well ,first, because I have to draw! Teaching myself to be patient would be another bonus.
Have a great weekend, you all!

7 comments:

  1. Your patience with pencils are amazing from what I see here, Arti!!! She is absolutely beautiful! It looks like a photograph and you should be SO proud of this piece!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of patience in most of your work. This is not an exception. Beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable, Arti! You are a portrait master, no doubt in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Arti:) A masterjob. Love the highlights. You are doing just fine with your patience:) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Renate.

      Delete
  5. Arti, the light on her smooth cheeks is so beautiful. I've loved both of the portraits you made of this girl.

    ReplyDelete