Friday, July 19, 2013

Peachy _ Watercolor Portrait

"Peachy"
10"x14"
A portrait after a gap, based on a beautiful picture by Sanja Gjenero I wanted to experiment more with color- intended to make her hair strikingly different in terms of color- but it did not turn out the way I wanted...I even thought  of chucking it into the bin after the hair disaster - but then went ahead and completed it.
Its beautiful summer here in UK, so the subject seems perfect! I am off to Birmingham to meet some friends over the weekend, see you all when I am back.


11 comments:

  1. She's beautiful, Arti! I love the way you splashed the blues in her hair...and her expression is wonderful. Enjoy your time in Birmingham!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilda the intention was to be outrageously different- but the conservative within me hasn't dies completely yet!Will keep on trying, though.

      Delete
  2. The expression is great. The exaggerated colors actually work very well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony.Though I guess it would have looked better without a background..

      Delete
  3. I love the colours in her hair and her dress. It works well. Great painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Polly ,I enjoyed playing with the colors here..

      Delete
  4. Arti - this is such a lovely portrait. I love the colors you selected for her hair as well as the dress. You captured a pensive look too! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Debbie. Doesn't she have the " Mom forced me to eat the peach instead of chocolate" look!

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Sherry and Vinayak.

    ReplyDelete