Friday, May 9, 2014

Girl in Blue Coat

16" x 12"
A watercolor portrait in bigger size, that's something I am happy about this morning.
I have been painting small for weeks..it felt good to use a bigger brush! The subject was nice,too.A girl I saw on a London trip.The picture was taken from a distance and I had to blow it up.Not very detailed, but as I did not intend to copy faithfully, it was fine.I just took the basic face structure and build my painting around it.Painted fast and loose, not going in too many details. This paper does not let me fiddle too much and  I have to get everything right in one go.Just some touches of shadows on the face ,jacket and hair were applied in second layer but I was really worried about it getting muddied so I left it there.
Let me know what do you think of this , and have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. She's beautiful, Arti with just enough details. Love her hair and coat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful, Arti! Your attempts at "fast and loose" are brilliant. I too love her coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out great. I like the flow of the darks along the diagonal through her hair into the purple behind her head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful portrait !!!
    Have a nice weekend !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, friends!

    ReplyDelete