Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wet in wet Watercolour Panda Painting Part 1

After a few failed attempts and a lot of time spent on getting it right; here is my first video of my painting process. I use many painting techniques but 'wet in wet' is something I really like-with colours running on paper to find their own space. This painting was done on Arches cold pressed paper (300 gsm) using Daniel Smith paints AND a lot of water!
I have been having issues with dark and cloudy days for past week; the lamp just wan't working for me; producing a flickering effect in the video. Fortunately the sun came out for a couple of hours this morning allowing me to record this painting. The video is not technically perfect- I still need time to polish my editing skills- but I hope its useful for some people. I have broken the recording down to a few clips. This is the first one with some more to follow.
I am not saying this is the way it should be done, this is just the way I like to paint my Pandas! Enjoy.


Any questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment