Monday, August 9, 2010

The Brown Horse in watercolors



I painted big this time...30"x20" to be precise.My elbow is hurting again and I am not spending much time on my computer these days.I have seen some very beautiful posts by you all in last few days but am yet to comment on them.My apologies.

Thank you all for responding so positively on this horse painting;I have decided to add some more to this post...Recently I visited a renowned artist of Delhi and asked his advise and opinion on my work.I have started thinking about putting up an exhibition in near future- and I need all the help I can get!...He liked my work but he also advised me to paint on a bigger canvas.As I have been mostly painting on 16"x12" or lesser sizes, I decided to paint this one on a full sheet. And judging by your response, it was a good move!
His other advise was to pay more attention to my pencil art, he liked the pencil artwork very much. I am thinking about it- an exhibition of my pencil artwork...sounds great!Lets see how things evolve.

I like horses, they make such fine subjects.White, black, brown..they are all so beautiful.I am thinking of drawing one in pencil, too.

watercolor on paper, 30"X 20"

29 comments:

  1. Hi Arti ... this painting just marvelous ... the eye has come out so beautifully ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arti, You have done this painting brilliantly. Your previous painting "Koi" is also wonderful.

    Wish you Quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the choice of colours..so contrasting yet beautiful...marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I like the limiting the colors to just compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. vibrant, full of motion, electric, love it! Hope your elbow get better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the opposition of warm and cool colors. Beautiful Arti! I hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this horse is so beautiful ! the colors ars gorgeous ! great great miss Arti ! kisses from France !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arti, this is a beautiful painting, so full of life and brilliant color, great job. Hope your elbow recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors are so brilliant, great work Arti!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flow of colors is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As everyone has said, WOW. This is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Riya, D.D., Anand, Prabal and Tony.I am so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sandy and Crystal.Its annoying, not being able to do what you love to do- so I am taking care of my elbow, exercising a lot; lets hope it gets better soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Michelle,Giada, AK and \Stan...
    Thank you Marty, you are so sweet!
    Thanks a lot Deb and Fabio...your comments mean a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola Arti, hacía bastante que no visitaba tu blog, y he pasado un buen rato admirando tus últimos trabajos, me han encantado tus retratos y los peces por su colorido y la composición, y que decir de este caballo, espectacular y con este tamaño debe ser digno de ver al natural, enhorabuena.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've caught the freedom of these great beasts so magnificently!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Arti, I saw your comment at my bird blog. Absolutely, use any image you see over there, any time.. I would love to see how you paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Marrouch and Sherry
    Thank you Sandy, I would paint or sketch one of the deer very soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome painting and I would 2nd the idea of putting up an exhibition of your work...Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the movement to this piece. Definitely have an exhibition and share your artistic gift :-)
    PS: Love Lala's work, too. It is wonderful of you to share that with others.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just fabulous and deliciously illustrated as well. WOW!!! You work in both media so fantastically. Good for you. I am self taught as so. You should be so proud of yourself. Great job.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome painting Arti.. well done... Its gorgeous!! You are indeed very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Thomas, Nancy, Patricia and Vanessa..glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Artiji.... Please do shw us ur more arts... We are eagerly waiting for that......

    ReplyDelete
  25. ใครๆก็เลือกเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ epicwin ได้เงินจริงที่นี่
    https://www.slotxd.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. เกมสล็อตxo เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ยอดนิยมของไทย
    อยากรวยคลิกเลย https://www.slotkkk.com/

    ReplyDelete