Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Anita RIP

Yesterday I came to hear the sad news that Anita, the wife of an old colleague and friend, passed away on last Friday due to cancer.She was my age and had two kids.My heart goes out to her family and makes me ponder over the fragility of life.... I met her about 18 years ago when  life was just beginning for us. Her husband was my colleague and we were neighbors too.I had made a pencil portrait of her back then -she loved it and had kept it with her for all these years.
Yesterday her husband wrote to me and requested to make another portrait of her for him.I feel honored to do this portrait of a beautiful woman, a mother and a wife.Goodbye, Anita.

12 comments:

  1. Arti, Anita is truly beautiful. I am so sad to hear of her passing and I can imagine how her family is feeling. Yes, life is far too fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Arti, that's what being an artist is all about... that you can give this family such a precious memory of their mother and wife. It's a gorgeous portrait and will be cherished forever. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks sherry and Kathryn I am still feeling very low..but its nice that her family liked her picture and they will cherish it always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful tribute to your wonderful friend, Arti.
    Hold on to her warm memories. Life is very transient. Live it joyfully while it is yet ours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing tribute to a beautiful woman who lost her life way too soon. This wonderful portrait will be forever treasured by her family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful, tender tribute Arti. I'm so sorry about your friend. I'm sure this painting will bring her family a lot of comfort. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your friend Arti...I agree with Dean H and Crystal...brace yourself and all the lovely memories of her...you have painted it so dynamic...its like she is right there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The painting is beautiful. This ability to provide such a joyful image of remembrance is a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Arti,it's a very lively portrait. I am sure her family members will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Arti, I am so sorry. That is so tragic. You have created a wonderful portrait for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful tribute Arti. I hope her family gets the strength to bear such a great loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, friends...she will be in my memories always.

    ReplyDelete