Monday, July 9, 2012

Clock Tower in Watercolors

Watercolor on paper
12"x16"
This is my maiden attempt at painting a building.I was not entirely sure-what technique to use, which colors would look best, how much detail? Now as I look at it, I feel I should have stopped 15 minutes before!Sometimes its hard to decide when to stop.Isn't it?
Though after seeing the finished piece, my son patted me on the back and said, "you are getting better and better"! That's enough motivation to paint another building :)
Well I will have to paint another 10 or 20 cityscapes before I can conclude what method works best for me- so keep watching this space...
This is a from a picture from Portsmouth.A stunning clock tower stands atop a beautiful 1889 structure  called Guild Hall.I liked it very much when I saw it last; and may be I will paint it again in another view or angle.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Arti... and what a treat that is going to be for us to watch you attempt these buildings if this is anything to go by. It's really fabulous and so realistic in an impressionistic way if that makes sense. Just gorgeous. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laura.This may be just the beginning, I liked doing this a lot.I would like to go a little loose, more impressionistic :)

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful building !!!
    Very amazing painting !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You capture architecture very well. This has a very rendered quality to it. The amount detail is captured just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tony.I know I have a long way to go.But I really want to overcome this fear of lines.

      Delete
  4. Wow! Arti! This is a challenging piece...and you painted it beautifully.! I hope to see more like this in the future!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Hilda.I loved painting this and I hope to do some more like this.

    ReplyDelete