Friday, November 8, 2013

Portrait of an Elephant_Chestnut Brown

                                                        Watercolor painting  12"x 9"
                                                                         SOLD
I can't have enough of the elephants, it seems.Now I know them so well that I do not need to look at any reference pictures :) This one, despite his earthy brown color still manages to catch the eye...doesn't he.
Good news is, he was quickly lapped up from my Etsy Shop!

15 comments:

  1. Dear Arti - He certainly does catch the eye. Love all those blended colors you used in this fella...so lovely. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie...that is the magic of watercolors..I love playing with color and letting it take shape on paper itself.Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. It has to feel good to paint from memory.. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does feel wonderful, Tony.Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry and he has already found a home in CA!

      Delete
  4. oh Arti, he is stunning!! there is so much to look at and soak up, just beautifully done! one of your best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, Suzanne!I sort of liked him,too.Today he ships to his new home, I am so glad.Hope you are doing good :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Asit, thats why I like painting them so much.

      Delete
  6. SPECTACULAR piece, Arti!!! This has to be the best elephant I've seen yet!!
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete