Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Roosters in Watercolours

''Sylvie'' 12''x16''
Watercolour on Arches CP Paper

Ms Maran
10''x14''
SOLD
Some more chickens... still struggling to decide how much detail I need! The top one was painted with a loose hand, wet-in-wet and with salt texture.The chicken at the bottom was a Maran that have a distinctive speckled plumage. I took a different approach with this one and painted with a very fine brush.The result was alright and it was also Sold instantly; but I must say that fine detail is not what I enjoy. Loose and wet is what I prefer.

5 comments:

  1. great tail on the rooster :) I prefer working loose too, much easier to not need all the detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very appreciating and Wonderful artwork . thanks for sharing .
    From: vipartwork.com

    ReplyDelete