Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
1. My son Arjun and my husband manik—the two guys of my life!
3. I love morning walks in park and after-dinner strolls with my husband where we go on talking about just anything on earth!
4. Reading –i love to laze around with a book (fiction, mystry/short stories) whenever I feel tired or stressed..it relaxes me instantly.
5. A work completed...I love the feeling of elation when I complete a job, a painting, or anything!
6. Nature…always an inspiring and calming influence.
7. Company of fellow artists …my newest love ; blogging —It rejuvenates me.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
watercolor on 7"X10" paper
Friday, March 27, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
This is a water color I had worked upon some days back.It was waiting to be finished. A great way to rejuvenate myself after a full day of work!
I felt great just doing it...hope you enjoy it as well!
On a 14''x11'' paper.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Both banks of Ganga river are joined by a narrow hanging bridge that you can see at a distance here.
An old boat resting on the bank. Only other way to cross this river ....
People enjoying a boat ride in the deep waters of this holy river.
Friday, March 20, 2009
First of all, the banks of Ganga river....
The flower sellers ...
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Today's sketch.Borrowed the subject from Mostafa again.He was too good here.The lighting and contrast were perfect.The photograph was a masterpiece in itself...check it out at -http://www.pbase.com/moftah/in_varanasi
yet I have tried to do justice to it in pencil. :)
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Arjun, drenched in colors, poses with a friend,who looked like an angel...she was named Angel,too!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
the link will take you to the page:
And I am working on another of "brothers" painting...I think I will complete it today!:)
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
Spring is here and flowers are in full bloom...these are the images I took in our local park where I go for a walk in the mornings...Today I went a little later ,when the sun was well up and everything looked bright. I am not a pro with recognising flowers but first one look like pansies, and last one is bottlebrush (this i know for sure as there are plenty of these in our locality) They bloom in March and look very beautiful!
Couldn't resist sharing them...
We got along pretty good and before I knew it, I was doing illustrations for her poems! It was pure fun...I converted my water color paintings into posters for her.Anyone can see them at